Saturday, June 4, 2011

White chocolate and cranberry drop scones


For my very first post I thought I would do something that is very simple, yet great to serve to guests. Drop scones are super simple and quick to whip up. I had some white chocolate lying around in the cupboard so thought that they would go perfectly with dried cranberries to make my scones a little bit more interesting.


For this recipe I used half wholemeal half all purpose flour as I like to try and make my food a little more nutritious but using all white flour works just as well.
 This is how they looked just before going into the oven

Ingredients
  • 90g plain flour
  • 90g wholemeal flour
  • 3 tsp castor sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2tsp salt
  • 50g butter or margarine
  • 45g small white chocolate chunks
  • 45g dried cranberries
  • 3/4 cup of buttermilk (or 3/4 cup of milk soured with 1 tsp white vinegar)
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. In a medium bowl, with a fork, stir in the first 5 ingredients.
3.Rub the margarine or butter into the flour mixture until it forms coarse crumbs.
4. Sprinkle in the chocolate and cranberries and toss to combine.
5. Add the buttermilk an stir gently with a fork to form a soft dough.
6. Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto a baking tray.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.

Makes about 10 medium scones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...