Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cookie Oatie Boatie


I just spent the weekend in Queenstown seeing an awesome New Zealand band called Six60. This trip wasn't exactly planned, I got asked at midday and by 3 we were on the road. As I was travelling with a bunch of boys they were utterly useless at providing information, so I had no idea where we were sleeping what we were doing for meals etc.

This is where the amazing Oatie Boatie came in. I have to thank Chocolate Covered Katie for this recipe. I quickly whipped it up and it sat in the oven while I packed. The next morning it was waiting for me to eat. Turns out I didn't need it in the morning as we went out for breakfast, but it turned into a decent lunch. These can be eaten hot or cold, hot is a bit nicer, and be made just before you plan to eat them or the day before. There are also so many variations that you could make (you are limited by your imagination, or look at Chocolate Covered Katie for more ideas). Oh and a bonus, they are super healthy.

This recipe makes 1 serving of 2 muffin sized boaties
Ingredients
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 banana, mashed
1/4 cup milk
2-3 tsp brown sugar ( a bit more if you have more of a sweet tooth)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Splash of vanilla essence
Handful chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius
2. Grease 2 muffin holes
3. Mix all of the ingredients together
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm

It's that easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...