Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Super Easy Ravioli


This recipe is brought to you out of my head. I had some Feta and cottage cheese to use up, most of a pumpkin, and some spinach starting to look a bit manky in the fridge. The solution, Pumpkin and Spinach Ravioli. I love the store bought ravioli, but when you make it yourself you can decide what you want in it. However, I do not have the time to make my own pasta, so my secret? Use dumpling wrappers. These can be found frozen at asian food stores and work perfectly.
Serves approx 4


Ingredients
3 cups chopped pumpkin
3 cups chopped spinach
75g Feta
4 T Cottage Cheese
Salt and Pepper
Dumpling Wrappers (About 30)

1. Cook the pumpkin and spinach separately until tender. I steamed mine in the microwave.
2. Place in a food processor or blender with the feta, cottage cheese and some salt and pepper and process until mostly smooth.
3. Place a spoonful of mixture onto the middle of each dumpling wrapper.
4. Wet around the edge of the wrapper and fold in half, pressing down the edges with a fork.
5. Place in a pot of boiling water and cook until they float to the surface.
6. Fish out the ravioli with a slotted spoon.
7. Serve immediately with your favourite pasta sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...