Here is a seasonal treat that is great served on a cold night with some custard and icecream. This is another item that was on my 200 list, adapated from 101 cookbooks.com. I decided to make individual cakes in muffin tins to make this a bit more interesting and it also makes it a great recipe for entertaining.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 small pear cut into slices or chunks
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Spray 8 muffin tins.
3. Mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
4. With a mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy and pale in colour.
5. Add the eggs and 1 Tbsp of the flour mix and beat again until well combined.
6. Fold in the rest of the flour mixture until just combined.
7. Transfer the batter into the muffin pans filling them 2/3 full (You may fill more than 9)
8. Place a slice or chunk of pear on top of each pan, pushing it down into the mixture.
9. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
10. Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.