Wednesday, October 26, 2011

McD's style Sausage and Egg McMuffins


I am quite happy this afternoon as I am now half way through my exams. I'm also happy because dad treated me to coffee and pastries after my exam. I had a few recipes to choose from today and I settled on this one. McDonald's breakfasts were always a treat but most of them are really simple to recreate at home. The benefit of this is you know exactly what you are putting into your body and can make them much healthier without all that sodium. So, while I catch up on last nights episode of the Borgias you can start drooling over this weekend's recipe.

Ingredients
4 small buns or English muffins
4 eggs
2 large, or 4 small sausages (not precooked)
BBQ sauce
4 slices cheese

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Break the eggs into a greased muffin pan.
3. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until set.
4. In the meantime squeeze the sausage meat out of the casings.
5. Shape the sausage meat into 4 small patties.
6. Cook the patties in a pan for about 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
7. Toast the muffins or buns.
8. To assemble, spread the BBQ sauce onto the muffins and place a sausage patty on the bottom half. Run a knife around the edge of the eggs and carefully remove from the muffin pan. Place the egg on top of the sausage patty. Top with cheese to complete your McMuffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...