Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Amazing Freezer Brownie


This is the recipe that I promised to post in yesterday's What I Ate Wednesday post. Last week I came across a recipe for a raw brownie by Hannah. This recipe had a nut/date base and an avocado icing. When I saw it I knew that I had to make it as a study treat!

However.....

In the process of making it something amazing happened........
I whizzed up the base mixture, pressed it into the pan, spread the icing on top and then froze it. A few hours later when I came to cut it..... disaster! It was all just a crumbly mess (although a very tasty crumbly mess).

I really wanted to save this brownie, so I put everything, icing and all back into the food processor. I repeated the whizzing, pressing and freezing process and TA DA!! This amazing, fudgy, chocolatey goodness was born.

Life will never be the same again (and i'm going to need to stockpile avocado's in the freezer for when they are out of season).

Ingredients
2/3 cup raw peanuts
1/3 cup natural almonds
1 cup dates
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 avocado
2 Tbsp maple syrup

1. Place the peanuts, almonds and dates into the bowl of a food processor.
2. Process for 3-4 minutes or until everything is broken up into small pieces.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until well mixed.
4. Press into a 20cm square tin.
5. Place into the freezer for 1 hour.
6. Cut the brownie into slices (I did 16).
7.Freeze for at least 3 more hours, the store in the freezer.
8. Before eating, let it sit for about 5 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog via wiaw! Its awesome and has some great recipes! Never thought of using avocado in a brownie recipe... this looks fantastic and simple.
    http://www.hungrydelights.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...