Saturday, March 31, 2012

Chicken and Vegetable Soup

Heading into the colder months here in New Zealand its inevitable that at some point I am going to get sick. In fact I was sick over last weekend, but fingers crossed that that will be the only time that I get sick this year. When I am sick, all I want is warm comforting food and soup is perfect for that. What better medicine than a bowl of chicken soup loaded full of vegetables.

In fact, you don't have to be sick to enjoy this, I have been loving having my leftovers all week even though I am now better.

Quick, easy and tasty.

Ingredients
3 small skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
1.5 Litres water
1 carrot
1 zucchini
400g tin creamed corn
Large handful mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped

1. Place the chicken thighs in the water and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, grate the carrot and zucchini.
4. Remove the chicken from water and add in the herbs and grated vegetables.
5. Simmer for around 5 minutes.
6. Shred the chicken off the bone.
7. Stir in the creamed corn and chicken and cook until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...