Monday, May 14, 2012

Leftovers idea- Risotto Cakes


Like my my last post this recipe is a great way to use up some leftovers in the fridge. I made some delicious butternut squash risotto but ended up with heaps left over. After reheating a portion for lunch I didn't really want to eat it as is again so I decided to come up with some way to reinvent my risotto.

I remembered seeing a few recipes around for risotto cakes so I decided to give them a go. I mixed a few things together, popped it in a pan and voila! When I layered it up with some salad an hummus it made a very delicious lunch!

Ingredients
1 cup leftover risotto
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 Tbsp grated parmesan
1 egg

1. Mix together all ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Heat a fry pan over a medium heat and spray with oil.
3. Add big spoonfuls to the pan and flatten with a spatula.
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden and then flip.
5. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve with a big salad and some chutney, hummus or sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...