Saturday, November 9, 2013

Super-quick cheats granola


I am very much a breakfast person. I would happily eat breakfast for all three meals of the day (and probably snacks too). In fact when I was younger, I absolutely loved when we did 'pancake sundays' and had pancakes for dinner.... perhaps I should restore pancake sundays.

One of my favourite quick breakfasts is some chopped up fruit with greek yoghurt and muesli (what we call granola in New Zealand). I try to make my own granola when I can as that way I can control the amount of sugar that I am having. However, unfortunately sometimes I get busy and my stocks run out!!

On one of these mornings I came up with this. While it may not be quite as good as normal toasted granola, it definitely satisfies a craving.

Serves 1

Ingredients
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp coconut oil (could also use butter)
1/2-1 tsp honey (depends on how sweet you like it)
1/4 cup mixed fruits and nuts

In a microwave safe bowl melt the peanut butter, coconut oil and honey. Mix in the rolled oats until they are well coated. Stir in the fruit and nuts....

......Its as simple as that

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...