Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bacon, Kale and Goat's Cheese Pasta


You know that awful feeling when you burn the roof of your mouth? Yea, I'm having to deal with that now as I write this post. Guess I just couldn't wait to get into my peppermint tea.

Anyway....

I've been having quite a quiet week this week as my parents are away and hungry male is on night shift. Pretty much I have spent the evenings sitting in bed with my cat and knitting. I wish I was joking about this, I really do, but I started this cute cardigan last winter and I really want to finish it before the next.

It's not quite as sad as it sounds as I have been working all day during daylight hours and I have also been making some incredible food!!! With hungry male not around to complain, I can jam all my food full of vegetables, but as I am food obsessed, it also has to taste great too. This pasta was a really quick and nutritious meal I whipped up to use up some ingredients in the fridge, but I liked it so much that I knew that I had to share it with you!

Oh and while knitting and being a cat lady I have also started on season one of Scandal. Yes, yes I know I am waaaaaay behind but I only just caught up on Revenge. I am really loving Scandal! Are there any other fans out there reading this?

Since I seem to be getting quite distracted, I will be quiet now and just give you the recipe.

Serves 4

Ingredients
500g favourite pasta (I used wholemeal penne)
Olive oil
1 big bunch kale
8 rashers good quality streaky bacon
100g firm goats cheese (I use goat feta)
1/2 small chilli, seeds removed, finely diced or 1 tsp of the stuff in the jar
Salt and pepper

Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.

Remove the stalks from the kale and roughly chop. Cut the goats cheese into 1 cm cubes.

Heat a large pan over a medium high heat and add 4 of the rashers of bacon. Cook for around 2-3 minutes on each side until it begins to crisp. Place on a paper towel to drain and repeat with the remaining four rashers. Roughly chop into pieces.

Leave any juices in the pan. Add the chilli and cook for around 2 minutes before adding the kale. Cook until the kale is beginning to wilt. Remove from the heat.

Add the cooked pasta, bacon and goat's cheese to the pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Toss together so that the cheese starts to melt a little.

Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...